Published on September 01, 2010
Trail Mix Cookies
Makes 36 Cookies
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until they are frothy and begin to firm up.
- Fold egg whites into applesauce mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, walnuts, and cranberries.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven until set and lightly browned; about 10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Note: Raisins can be substituted for dried cranberries, if desired.
- Calories: 77
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Carbohydrate: 14.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 1.4g
Recipe courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Trail-Mix-Cookies/Detail.aspx