Make This: Grilled Veggie Dip
Summer is here, and it’s time to fire up the grill and get outdoors. If you’re looking for a fun and healthy summer snack, you’ve got to try this grilled veggie dip, adapted from Alton Brown’s recipe. It’s delicious and simple—as you can see from the video.
Prefer text instructions? Here you go.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 zucchini
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bread, crackers or sliced veggies for dipping
- Optional: Roasted garlic for a stronger taste
- Slice the bell pepper, onion and zucchini in half and brush them with olive oil.
- Grill the vegetables on medium-high heat until lightly charred.
- Chop the vegetables into chunks and put them in a food processor with 8 ounces of low-fat cream cheese. Add roasted garlic for more zest.
- Pulse the cream cheese and grilled veggies about 20 times in the food processor, just until the dip is spreadable. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled with grilled bread, crackers or sliced vegetables.