Visiting Guidelines and Hours
Visitor Policy Updates starting July 1, 2020
Please review updates for visitors.
Doors to the main lobby will close at 7:30 PM.
Wayne UNC Health Care is happy to welcome visitors to our Goldsboro, NC hospital. For room numbers and directions, please stop by the information desk in the visitor entrance lobby. Visiting hours are from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. for most patients.
We know that visits from family members and friends are an important part of our patients’ healing process. Our team encourages flexible visiting hours in a safe, clean environment that promotes your loved one’s recovery. In order to support the healing and recovery process, we recommend limiting visitors to only three at a time.
Intensive Care Unit Visitation Times:
To encourage healing and recovery, visitation times are limited to:
We understand your schedule is busy. If these times do not work for your family, our team will work with you to arrange times for visiting. The ICU team may limit the number of visitors to fewer than two at one time depending on the patient’s course of treatment.
General Rules for Visiting Wayne UNC Patients
- Visitors (e.g., family members, friends and significant others) are recognized as a supportive and integral part of patient care.
- The needs of patients may dictate exceptions to the stated visiting times. Visitors may be asked to leave the patient’s room and the Hospital at the request of the patient or under certain circumstances, such as special care needs, patient’s acuity, visitor’s inappropriate behavior, hospital emergency needs, or to maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality. Patients can request exceptions to regular visiting hours through their nursing staff.
- The patient may restrict his/her own visitors and/or telephone calls at any time.
- All visiting children are to be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Children who visit must be well and free of fever at the time of the visit.
- Adults visiting with children under 12 years old must indicate that the child’s immunization status is current at the time of the visit.
- Patient should identify a “family spokesperson” to act as telephone liaison between the staff and other family members.
- Overnight visitation is allowed under special circumstances. Patients/families should make requests through their nursing staff. One family member/significant other may stay overnight in the private room.
- In critical care areas, overnight visitors will not be permitted to stay in the patient’s room. The waiting room will be used for this purpose.
Sending Gifts to Patients
Gifts can do a lot to cheer up a patient. We offer a variety of choices of gifts, flowers, books, stuffed animals, balloons and more through our online gift shop.
For more information about visiting hours and visitation at Wayne UNC, contact us at 919-736-1110.