Student Clinical Experience Onboarding
If you're a current college student enrolled in a program with clinical experience requirements, apply to Wayne UNC Health Care. Many college or university programs of study need hands-on training, such as:
- Communications Disorders
- Health Information Management
- Nutrition Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Radiology Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
How to Apply for a Student Clinical Experience
Plan and coordinate your clinical experience at Wayne UNC with your school.
- Begin the clinical experience placement process by emailing your interest in performing a clinical experience at Wayne UNC to email@example.com.
- Get your clinical experience approved by your school program of study department. Your school needs to have a current affiliation agreement with Wayne UNC Health Care. Some colleges and universities currently partner with us.
- If your school isn't a current partner with Wayne UNC, an affiliation agreement will need to be signed by the school and Wayne UNC. This process could take up to two months to complete.
- Wayne UNC requires you to have completed a background check and at least a six-panel drug screen since beginning or as a prerequisite for your current program of study. If you leave a program and re-enter the same program, we need a new background check. Your test results are shared with the Organizational Learning department at Wayne UNC. Your results need approval before your acceptance to the clinical experience.
- We also need proof of a current influenza vaccine.
Student Onboarding Form Requirements
Student onboarding for a clinical experience involves completing student orientation. Student onboarding includes:
Return your Student Onboarding document at least two weeks before your clinical experience start date.
You'll receive a student badge and parking pass after you meet all the clinical experience requirements.
Return your badge to Organizational Learning at the end of your clinical experience.
Your Clinical Experience
On the first day of your clinical experience, report to the Organizational Learning department at Wayne UNC Health Care by 9 a.m.
Or, set up an appointment with Organizational Learning before the day you start your clinical experience. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-731-6080 to make an appointment.
Organizational Learning Department Location
You'll find the Organizational Learning department on the ground floor of the hospital near the Rehabilitation Services entrance. View our parking information.