Enjoy the most robust benefits package in the Wayne County area as a valued employee of Wayne UNC Health Care. Whether you work in direct patient care or contribute to our mission in other ways, you’ll appreciate our support for your financial well-being, health, education, and family life.
Hospital Employee Benefits
Explore the competitive benefits that our human resources (HR) department offers to qualifying Wayne UNC employees:
- Insurance – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and pharmacy benefits, including no charge for care at Wayne UNC
- Educational support – Generous scholarships, tuition stipends, and other financial assistance to help you achieve your goal of becoming a health professional or growing in your health care career
- Retirement savings – Employer contributions that increase as you work more years at Wayne UNC
- Weekend and night shift differentials – Opportunities to increase your income while working the same number of hours
- Work-life balance – Extensive paid and unpaid time off to recharge and tend to your personal and family life
- Employee assistance program (EAP) – Five confidential counseling sessions for behavioral health support or guidance on legal, financial, and community resources
- Perks – Cafeteria discounts and free, convenient parking close to hospital entrances
Wayne UNC matches 25% of your contributions to your retirement account—from 3% to 4% of your salary, depending on how many years you’ve worked. We’ll make contributions if you work at least 832 hours during the plan year and are actively employed at the year’s end.
After five years, you’ll also receive additional matching contributions—up to 100% of the first 4% of your salary you contribute, depending on your years of service.