General surgeons treat many areas of the body, including the abdomen, digestive system, and skin. When you choose a general surgeon affiliated with Wayne UNC Health Care, you’ll benefit from short wait times to get an appointment and professional, personalized care. Find out why your neighbors consistently report high satisfaction with their surgery.
Visit Wayne UNC for:
- Breast surgery, such as lumpectomy, mastectomy, and reconstructive breast surgery
- Cancer surgery, including removal of tissue to stage, diagnose, or treat tumors
- Digestive procedures, such as removal of the appendix, bowels (intestines), gallbladder, liver, or other gastrointestinal (GI) organs
- Endoscopic procedures, including upper endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Hernia repair, which fixes a bulging organ in your abdominal area
- Lipoma removal
- Some pediatric surgeries, such as tonsil and adenoid removal
Improving Your Outcome
At our Surgery Center, you’ll find personal attention and advanced technology that help you have the best possible surgical experience. Both you and your guests will appreciate a variety of amenities that make your visit more comfortable and convenient.
Least Invasive Care
Your surgeon will use the least invasive approach—meaning the smallest size and number of incisions. That helps you recover sooner, with less pain and scarring.
In some cases, your surgeon may even use a surgical robot with arms that bend and rotate farther than human hands. That makes it possible to perform some procedures in a less invasive way.
Learn more about minimally invasive surgery at Wayne UNC.