When you come to Wayne UNC Health Care with stroke symptoms, one of the first people you may meet is Sara Ginn, MSN, RN, stroke coordinator. She’ll serve as your guide and advocate throughout your journey, supporting you every step of the way.
Support & Guidance
Rely on Sara to:
- Work with the rest of your care team to make sure you get the right tests and treatments at the right time
- Tell you and your family about your diagnosis and care plan and answer questions
- Talk with your case manager to help you safely get home or to a rehabilitation facility after leaving the hospital
- Call after you leave to make sure you have access to all the services you need for recovery, such as home health care and rehabilitation
- Lead a stroke support group, where you and your family get advice from others in your situation and learn about local resources
You may hear Sara talking about stroke prevention at your local barbershop, salon, church, or senior center. Ask her how to reduce your risk of stroke by living a healthy lifestyle and managing chronic (long-term) medical conditions, like heart disease and diabetes.