Respiratory and Pulmonary Care
Breathe easier and feel healthier when you partner with lung specialists at Wayne UNC Health Care. You’ll work with an experienced respiratory and pulmonology team who provides compassionate, high-quality care.
Conditions We Treat
Count on Wayne UNC for diagnosis and treatment of:
Lung Cancer Screening
Protect your health by detecting lung cancer early before you have symptoms. Ask your doctor if a low-dose CT (computer tomography) scan is right for you. You can get this quick lung cancer screening at Wayne UNC.
Learn about who should get a lung cancer screening.
Your doctor will diagnose you based on diagnostic test results and other factors. Tests available at Wayne UNC include:
Breathing Treatments and Services
Rely on your care team at Wayne UNC to create an individualized treatment plan that’s right for you. Depending on your condition, you may benefit from:
- Aerosol therapy – Treats breathing conditions with a device that allows you to inhale medications
- Airway management – Helps you breathe if you have blocked airways
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine – Applies different levels of air pressure to help you breathe easier during sleep
- Oxygen therapy – Reduces the work required to breathe if you have a respiratory condition
- Mechanical ventilation (life support) – Helps you breathe if you’re unable to do so due to a critical injury
- Chest physiotherapy (CPT) – Improves your breathing by removing mucus
High Flow Oxygen Therapy
High-flow nasal cannula (HFNC) oxygen therapy helps you breathe easier without invasive and uncomfortable ventilation. The device uses a pump that pushes oxygen into your nose. You or a loved one may receive HFCN oxygen therapy if you have acute respiratory failure or are critically ill and need respiratory support.
Accredited Pulmonary Specialists
Work with a team of compassionate pulmonologists and respiratory therapists at Wayne UNC. Trust you’ll receive excellent care because our team includes professionals certified in:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Stress Testing
- Advanced Critical Care Specialty (ACCS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Program for newborn care
Find help for chronic lung disease with pulmonary rehabilitation at Wayne UNC. We can help you gain strength and manage your condition.
Lung Disease Support
If you or a family member has lung disease, attend the Better Breathers Club. This free support group at Wayne UNC helps you learn better ways to better cope with lung disease while getting the support of others in similar situations.