Specialized Physical Therapy
Work with our physical therapists at Wayne UNC Health Care for specialized, patient-centered treatments. Get access to aquatic and lymphedema therapy that you won’t find elsewhere in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
Trigger Point Dry Needling
Trigger point dry needling inserts a dry needle—one without medication or injection—through your skin into areas of the muscle known as trigger points. This therapy can help release muscle tension and spasms from conditions such as:
- Herniated discs
- Ligament and muscle strains
- Nerve irritation
View Trigger Point Dry Needling FAQ's
Professional Aquatic Physical Therapy
Take part in gentle aquatic therapy that doesn’t put stress on your joints or spine at Wayne UNC. Water-based therapy uses the healing properties of water to relieve your pain and help you move better. Your therapy will take place in a calming, heated pool. Our board-certified therapist has special aquatics training from the American Physical Therapy Association.
Certified Lymphedema Therapy
Receive lymphedema therapy to help treat poor circulation, damaged lymph nodes, or lymph nodes removed during cancer treatments. Trust our certified lymphedema therapist to treat your swelling and help you live better.
Work with our therapist to decrease your swelling with a combination of methods such as:
- Compression wraps and garments – Put controlled pressure on your arms or legs to help fluid move and keep it from building up
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) – Moves or “drains” fluid from swollen areas of your body to other lymph vessels using gentle massage and compression wraps
- Therapeutic exercise – Stimulates your lymph vessels to move fluid out of affected areas of your body during gentle exercise
Partner with your lymphedema therapist to learn how to wrap your limb and use special massage techniques for long-term management of your symptoms.
Pelvic Health Therapy
Restore strength and flexibility to your pelvic muscles and joints with pelvic health therapy. You’ll get an assessment, treatments, and exercises to improve your condition.
The types of pelvic pain and the symptoms of pelvic dysfunction vary widely but may include:
- heavy aching, sharp or shooting pain or burning anywhere in the pelvic region
- urinary and bowel urgency or frequency
- leakage of urine or stool
- flatulence with coughing, laughing or sneezing
- significant constipation or diarrhea
Healing from a concussion includes six stages of recovery before an athlete returns to sports. Physical therapy helps with musculoskeletal issues, cognition, balance and coordination, as well as incorporating sport-specific tasks, depending on where the patient is within the stages of recovery.
Explore custom outpatient rehabilitation and therapy if you have injuries and need help regaining or maintaining specific sports movements. Our team can offer you a program combining exercise and interventions to target your needs.
If you’re an athlete, your therapist also may recommend aquatic therapy to prevent or recover from an injury.
Reduce dizziness and restore your balance through vestibular, also known as inner ear and balance, rehabilitation. Your customized exercise-based therapy at Wayne UNC aims to help recover as much stability as possible.