Choose an internal medicine doctor for primary care at Wayne UNC Health Care. You’ll benefit from personalized attention from a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating adults.
What’s an Internal Medicine Doctor?
General internal medicine physicians, or general internists, provide complete primary care for adults. They have expertise in caring for people living with multiple health conditions. Rely on internists at Wayne UNC for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a wide range of health conditions.
When to See Your Internal Medicine Doctor
Rely on your internist to:
- Diagnose and treat your injuries and illnesses
- Educate you about healthy living and disease prevention
- Help you manage chronic, or long-lasting conditions
- Perform routine physical exams
- Provide care for male- and female-specific health concerns
- Provide vaccinations and screenings
- Treat mental health conditions and substance abuse
- Refer you to a specialist