Rely on the family medicine doctors at Wayne UNC Health Care for compassionate, complete medical care for your entire family.
What’s a Family Practice Provider?
A family medicine doctor, also known as a family practitioner, is a type of primary care provider (PCP). Your family practitioner has the training and experience to care for all ages. That means your entire family can see the same doctor for care. Your family doctor can help you and your family throughout your lives at one convenient location.
When to See Your Family Doctor
Rely on your family doctor for preventive, acute, and chronic care, including:
- Adolescent health concerns
- Care for illnesses and injuries
- Family planning/birth control
- Health education on nutrition and exercise
- Male- and female-specific health concerns
- Management of chronic health conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease
- Nutrition counseling
- School and sports physicals
- Screening tests
- Physical examinations