Pregnancy & Birth
Enjoy the benefits of delivering your baby at Wayne UNC Health Care close to home in Goldsboro, North Carolina. You’ll receive family-centered maternity care from a skilled, compassionate childbirth team. The advanced technology and specialized care available at Wayne UNC will put your mind at ease during your delivery.
Why Choose Wayne UNC
Look forward to one of the most joyful, memorable experience of your life. Trust us to meet your needs and provide safe care during childbirth. The pregnancy and birth services at Wayne UNC stand out because you find:
- A hospital that’s easy to get to and close to home in Wayne County and surrounding communities
- Considerate care team focused on providing you with an impressive birth experience
- Nurses who serve as patient advocates who’ll help you manage healing, recovery and family expectations after birth
- Newly remodeled, modern labor and delivery and postpartum unit
- High-quality care with you at the center of the decision-making processes
- Secure, locked unit with safety as a top priority for you and your baby
Childbirth and Breastfeeding Classes
You’ll appreciate the time and attention our educators take to teach you what you need to know before childbirth. Learn more about prenatal and breastfeeding classes at Wayne UNC.
Family-Centered Maternity Care
When you choose to give birth at Wayne UNC, you’ll enjoy family-centered maternity care. That means we’ll care for you, your baby and your family. You can expect us to:
Room Amenities for Families
Experience the comfort of our new labor and delivery and postpartum rooms. Your private postpartum room or suite includes a bathroom, rocking chair, and a reclining chair or couch.
Special Care Nursery
Rest assured if your newborn has a health condition at birth, our trained and knowledgeable neonatal care team is prepared to care for your baby. Count on our Level II NICU at Wayne UNC to provide compassionate care if your baby needs special attention or intervention.
Support for Parents
Access support and resources through Wayne UNC for you and your partner before and after the birth of your baby. Partner with us to make sure you can find the support and reassurance you need as a parent.