At Wayne UNC Health Care, we are committed to providing quality health care for our patients. Our commitment to you extends through your path to recovery by providing care that goes beyond your stay at Wayne UNC.
Wayne UNC Health Care’s ReadyMeds program provides bedside delivery of your prescription medications at discharge so you have the correct medications in hand before you leave the hospital.
Why Choose ReadyMeds?
ReadyMeds will deliver your medications to you before you leave, saving you a timely trip to an outside pharmacy.
- We will talk with your doctor about any prescription related concerns before you leave.
- You will know the price of all your medications before you leave.
- We can help find lower cost alternatives for costly medication or medication not covered by your insurance. We offer lower prices on our selection of over-the-counter medication, too.
ReadyMeds provides a stress-free transition from the hospital to your home by:
- Making sure you receive the necessary antibiotics and medications to control pain before you leave the hospital.
- Reducing your dependency on others to pick up medications.
- Eliminating the need to stop at the pharmacy on the way home.
Hours of Operation
We will deliver your prescribed medications to your hospital room:
7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Payment Options for Medications
Just like retail pharmacies, we will need your insurance information to provide you with your co-pay information. We accept check and credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard).
If you are interested in having your medications delivered to your bedside before you go home, please talk to your care team or call 919-731-6801.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I do not have pharmacy prescription insurance?
Wayne UNC Health Care has access to coupons and vouchers to help you receive free or discounted medications.
Will my medications be delivered FREE of charge?
YES! Although the medications are not free, there is NO additional charge for the ReadyMeds service.
Can I transfer my medication refills to my pharmacy of choice?
YES! After our team fills your initial prescription, we will transfer any remaining refills to your pharmacy of choice. Once you need more medication, simply call your pharmacy of choice to request your refill.
I forgot my wallet. Can I leave with my medications if I do not pay?
Unfortunately, we are required to collect all co-pays prior to prescriptions being released and are unable to add them to your existing hospital bill.
I'm confused about my new medications. Will someone talk to me about them?
YES! A pharmacist is available to talk with you about your medications, any potential side effects and answer any questions.