Enjoy a more active lifestyle with less pain when you partner with Wayne UNC Health Care in Goldsboro, North Carolina, for orthopedic care. You’ll benefit from access to the latest treatments, including new approaches to joint replacement and specialized rehabilitation. No matter what services you receive, you can expect seamless, expert care—from diagnosis to recovery—to improve your quality of life.
Orthopedic Conditions We Treat
Turn to our experienced orthopedic surgeons for testing, treatment, and preventive care for your bones, joints, and muscles. You’ll find nonsurgical and surgical care for a wide range of conditions:
Nonsurgical Dupuytren’s Contracture Treatment
If you have trouble moving or straightening your fingers due to Dupuytren’s contracture, you may benefit from Xiaflex. Your doctor injects this medicine into your finger to help it bend. In Goldsboro, you’ll find this treatment only at Wayne UNC.
Knee, Hip, and Shoulder Replacements
Relieve chronic hip, knee, or shoulder pain with joint replacement. Each year at Wayne UNC, hundreds of your neighbors receive this procedure to exchange a damaged joint with a long-lasting artificial one. You’ll have the best possible surgical experience thanks to:
- Comprehensive support and education
- Orthopedic surgeons who have an average of nearly 25 years of experience
- Average hospital stay of just one night
- Personalized care from experts who get to know you and your specific needs
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
When you choose Wayne UNC for hip replacement, you’ll recover sooner if your surgeon uses the anterior approach. This technique makes the incision in the front of your hip and affects fewer muscles.
Dedicated Orthopedic Nurse Navigator
Look forward to one-on-one guidance from a skilled nurse navigator at Wayne UNC before and after joint replacement surgery. Your trained nurse navigator helps you determine if you qualify for joint replacement and answers your questions throughout your journey. In the months after surgery, she checks on you to help you get the most long-term benefit from your procedure.
Treating Work and Athletic Injuries
If you experience pain or injury due to an active lifestyle or job, turn to our fellowship-trained sports medicine doctor. You’ll get back to physical activities safely with help from experts, including former athletes who’ve been in your position.
Learn about our wide range of sports medicine services.
Rehabilitation and Specialized Therapy
If your doctor recommends rehabilitation, you may benefit from:
- Physical therapists with certification in athletic training
- Occupational therapist with certification in hand therapy
- Specialized physical therapy, such as:
- Aquatic therapy – Uses gentle exercise in pool water, which bears your weight and relieves stress on joints
- Blood flow restriction therapy – Places a cuff on an injured arm or leg to limit blood flow and make muscles work harder
- Kinesiotaping – Places tape on strategic areas of the skin to support healing
- Trigger point dry needling – Places one or more needles into muscle knots to release them
- Sport-specific rehabilitation customized for your needs
- Industrial rehabilitation to help you get back to work safely after an injury
Surgery Center Improves Your Experience
If your treatment plan includes surgery, your procedure will take place at our new Surgery Center. This advanced facility makes the surgical experience as safe and convenient as possible for you and your family. Benefit from:
- The latest operating room technology to help surgeons perform your procedure accurately and efficiently, so you get the best outcome
- Nurses, your surgeon, and other caregivers closely monitoring you and remaining nearby at all times to respond to your needs
- Easy access and parking close to the entrance
- Amenities for loved ones, like Wi-Fi and phone charging stations
For your convenience, you’ll stay in just one room before and after surgery, and your caregivers will come to you. The same nurse will provide all your care during recovery to improve your experience.
From the moment you arrive at the Surgery Center, you’ll receive seamless, coordinated care from a team of experts centered on you. They may include:
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons, who have an average of nearly 25 years of experience
- Radiologist interpreting results of your imaging tests to inform the surgeon about your condition
- Orthopedic registered nurses and nursing assistants specially trained to care for you before, during, and after surgery
- Physical therapist and occupational therapist helping restore your range of motion, strength, and physical abilities
- Pharmacist advising you on taking prescribed medications correctly and safely after surgery
- Case manager connecting you with resources at Wayne UNC and in the community to support your recovery
- Nurse navigator who guides you through joint replacement surgery and recovery