Choose Wayne UNC Health Care in Goldsboro for your X-ray test—a simple exam that gives you a quick look at the inside of your body.
Quick, Digital X-ray Tests
Because of Wayne UNC’s digital X-ray technology, your exam will:
- Take only a few minutes, so you can get back to your daily life sooner
- Offer very clear, detailed images for accurate results
- Use less radiation than older forms of X-ray tests, which means you stay even safer
Why Do I Need an X-ray Exam?
You or your child may get X-ray imaging to check for:
- Bone or joint injury
- Lung infections, such as pneumonia
- Signs of heart failure
- Swallowed items, like coins or tiny toys
How to Prepare
If your X-ray test takes place by appointment, you’ll receive instructions beforehand on how to get ready. You may need to:
- Tell us if you’re pregnant
- Bring a list of your current medications
- Let us know about any medication allergies
What to Expect
Before the test, you may need to put on a hospital gown. An X-ray technologist will help you move into position so the machine can take pictures from the best angle. You may need to hold your breath and stay still for a few moments to ensure clear images. The test usually takes just a few minutes.
Watch a video on X-ray tests to learn more about what to expect.
A board-certified radiologist will review your images. Your primary care provider will receive a report and follow up with you to discuss the next steps.
Within 14 days of your test, you’ll be able to view your results in My UNC Chart, our secure, online patient portal.