Care At Home For What Comes Next
What is Wayne Health ConNEXTion?
The Wayne Health ConNEXTion program is a free, convenient resource from Wayne UNC Health Care that provides short-term, face-to-face, home visits designed to provide information, support and resources to help you manage your health after leaving the hospital. We will keep you closely connected to your current doctor and add additional support as needed to help you get well.
We want you living life the way you want to live it. Whether that's getting back to work, activities you love or your family and friends. Our certified care team is your partner and will support you and your goals. They will work closely with you, your family and doctor to make sure your care is designed to meet your needs.
How does this program benefit me?
By participating in the Wayne Health ConNEXTion program, you will benefit from:
- additional support at no extra cost to you
- a better understanding of your diagnosis
- a better understanding of how to care for yourself
- information about community resources
- an ongoing connection with your current health care provider
- a road map to help manage your health around your day-to-day life
- a care partner who supports you taking an active role in your care
- additional support for family members
How does the program work?
Upon leaving the hospital, a member of our care team will visit you weekly for four weeks. You will be provided with the following to ensure the best care possible after you leave the hospital:
- tips to help you manage your health
- diet and nutrition options and information
- a review of your medication instructions and possible side effects
- information about community resources to help you manage your health
This program is possible in part through funding from the Wayne Memorial Hospital Foundation and the Wayne Community College Foundation.
Meet Your Care Team
Wayne Health ConNEXTion Community Paramedic
Kelly is a native of Goldsboro, with strongties to Wayne UNC Health Care. She has served Wayne UNC for 7 years, following in her mother’s footsteps who served the hospital and the people in the community for over 30 years.
Kelly attended the University of Mt. Olive where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management and has also completed her certification as a certified
“It means a lot to be able to give back to the community I grew up in”, stated Kelly. "I am proud to be a part of this program, I know it’s going to make a difference in our patient’s lives.”