Turn to Wayne UNC Health Care for cardiac rehabilitation that helps you get stronger and feel better. You’ll benefit from a personalized lifestyle care plan developed just for you by a team of heart-health experts.
The American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) certifies cardiac rehabilitation at Wayne UNC. That means you can feel confident that we’re committed to improving your quality of life through care that meets or exceeds national standards.
Heart Disease Support
Get additional support during and after cardiac rehabilitation by attending Mended Hearts, a support group for people affected by heart disease.
Is Cardiac Rehab Right for Me?
Your doctor may recommend cardiac rehabilitation if you experience:
What to Expect
When you join the cardiac rehabilitation program at Wayne UNC, you’ll enjoy personal attention in a friendly, small group atmosphere. Enjoy support from your peers and your care team as you work together to improve your heart health and overall well-being.
Attend classes three times a week for about 12 weeks. During these 90-minute classes, you’ll exercise under the guidance of a specialist and learn about:
- Health and risk factors
- How to eat for heart health
- Ways you can change behavior to improve health
- Stress-reduction and relaxation techniques
Expert Cardiac Rehab Team
Safely complete your cardiac rehab program with the support of an expert, multidisciplinary team dedicated to your heart health. Work with:
- Registered nurses (RNs), including Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP) nurses – Oversee your rehabilitation plan and monitor your health
- Registered dietitian (RD) – Designs a heart-healthy eating plan that fits your tastes and budget
- Certified clinical exercise physiologist – Creates and guides you through an exercise plan tailored to your health needs and goals
- Respiratory therapists – Support your breathing
- Social worker – Helps you cope with challenges
Why Cardiac Rehab?
When you attend cardiac rehabilitation classes and follow your team’s recommendations, you may have:
- Better recovery from your heart event
- Lower risk of future heart events
- Improved independence and ability to do activities you enjoy
- Long-term improvements to your overall heart health
Paying for Cardiac Rehab
Medicare and most insurance companies cover cardiac rehabilitation if you have a qualifying condition. Count on us to help you determine your level of coverage.