Urgent Care or Emergency Room
Get the right type of treatment for your illness or injury. Learn which care setting may be the best choice for you.
Choose UNC Urgent Care 24/7 for a quick virtual consult to diagnosis of non-emergency illnesses and injuries or when your primary care provider isn’t available.
Non-life-threatening conditions that can be diagnosed with UNC Urgent Care 24/7 include:
- Ear Problems
- Insect Bites
- Pink Eye
- Respiratory Problems
- Sore Throats
- Urinary problems/UTI
Call 911 or visit your closest emergency room when you are experiencing a severe illness or injury, or your life is in danger. Emergency services are available 24/7.
Get emergency medical care if you or a loved one experiences:
- Heart attack
- Severe chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Broken bones that are visible through the skin
- Convulsions, seizures or loss of consciousness
- Fever in a newborn (less than 3 months old)
- Heavy, uncontrollable bleeding
- Knife wounds or gunshot wounds
- Moderate to severe burns
- Pregnancy-related problems
- Severe abdominal pain
- Serious head, neck or back injury
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings