Cancer Support & Survivorship
Take comfort in the cancer support and survivorship services you have access to through Wayne UNC Health Care.
Empathetic Cancer Care Team
Through diagnosis, treatment, and recovery, you’ll find a compassionate care team to encourage and guide you on your cancer journey. Our dedicated caregivers give you the best possible cancer care and assist you with boosting your mind and spirit.
Wayne UNC Support Services Enhance Your Well-Being
Take advantage of the support services available at Wayne UNC. Ask your cancer care team about:
- Behavioral health services – Help you and your family cope with cancer
- Cancer navigator – Explains your condition and treatment options, coordinates initial appointments, and communicates with the rest of your cancer care team
- Nutrition counseling – Advises you about healthy eating habits to help you feel better and stay strong during cancer treatments
- Pharmacy services – Work with your cancer care team to provide cancer medicines for your treatment
- Rehabilitation services – Help you feel less pain and fatigue and more energetic; include lymphedema therapy
- Social work services – Connect you to hospital services and community resources
- Spiritual care – Supports your religious and spiritual beliefs
Cancer Community Support & Resources
Find community cancer support and resources for you and your family in eastern North Carolina, such as:
- Southeastern Cancer Care (SCC) – Provides financial assistance to you and your family for basic needs, such as food, utilities, gas, and cancer-related prescription drugs, during your cancer treatments. Assistance is available to you if you live east of I-95 or in a county within the I-95 boundaries.
- American Cancer Society – Shares information with you and your family about cancer diagnosis, treatment, support, and research and funding
- Body & Soul Massage Studio – Offers a free half-hour massage while you’re undergoing cancer treatment when you present a physician’s note. You’ll find the Studio at 654 N Spence Ave. in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
- 1ofUs – Assists women with breast and other gynecological cancers
- Cleaning for a Reason – Gives free house cleaning services to women undergoing cancer treatments
- LivingWith App – Helps you manage life with cancer, connect with loved ones, ask for help, improve communication with your doctors and stay organized
- Lovely Ladies – Works with you to provide wigs, hats, and scarves to wear during your cancer treatments
- STOMP the Monster™ NC – Provides financial support during cancer treatments to help ease the stress of uncovered medical expenses and lost income
Cancer Support Groups
Get reassurance from other cancer patients and their families and enhance your desire to fight cancer when you join the monthly Living Well Cancer Support Group.
Move toward wellness after your cancer diagnosis and treatments. Ask us to connect you with national and community survivorship resources to make the transition easier to manage.
Check out the National Cancer Institute’s publication, Facing Forward: Life After Treatment, for guidance and support once you’ve completed cancer treatments.