Your behavioral health consists of how you think, feel, and act. It’s as important as your physical health and may require specialized treatment. Get inpatient care that helps you improve mental health at Wayne UNC Health Care in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
Skilled, Compassionate Care
Reach out to experienced behavioral and mental health professionals at Wayne UNC who will care for you when you need it most. Get focused care and support from our kind, attentive team. At Wayne UNC, you’ll learn you’re not alone with your struggles.
Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health Care
Get high-quality mental health care at Wayne UNC if you are at least 18 years old, and you’re seeking voluntary admission to our hospital. You don’t need a referral for services. If you need immediate intervention for emotional difficulties or suicidal thoughts, go to our emergency department for care.
Conditions We Treat
You and your family members may benefit from inpatient behavioral health care at our hospital for conditions that affect mood, thinking and behavior.
Find treatment for:
- Anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Depression (all types)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Thought disorders, such as schizophrenia- We’ll evaluate the severity of your symptoms and decide whether inpatient or outpatient care will best meet your needs.
- Postpartum Depression- For help with depression after childbirth, visit the women’s health professionals at Wayne UNC. You’ll work with behavioral health experts alongside social workers and pregnancy and birth doctors who are experts in postpartum depression.
Individual Treatment Plans
If admitted to the hospital for behavioral health services, you’ll benefit from a structured setting and dedicated care team led by a psychiatrist.
Work with your multidisciplinary care team to develop a personalized treatment plan to meet your specific needs.
Treatment Team Sessions
You’re the most important person on your care team. Take part in treatment sessions with your behavioral health team to set, measure and reach your short-term goals while you’re at Wayne UNC.
During your stay at Wayne UNC, you’ll participate in group therapy such as:
- Goal setting group – Provides a community-like setting for you to set healthy goals
- Nursing group – Gives you an outlet to talk about your diagnosis, stress relievers, coping skills, medication compliance and side effects
- Recreational therapy group – Relieves stress with fun activities, such as exercise, art, games and bingo
- Social work group – Prepares you to deal with everyday stressors and care for your condition after you go home
- Spiritual group – Guides you spiritually with the assistance of a hospital chaplain; you can also attend church services offered every Sunday
Behavioral Health Team
Get the help you need from our staff of mental health professionals, including:
- Certified nursing assistants – Professionals who help you with daily living, education and recreational activities
- Clinical social worker – Counselor who diagnoses, treats and guides you
- Pastoral counselor – Spiritual leader who includes faith in therapy to promote healing and growth
- Psychiatrist – Medical doctor specially trained to diagnose behavioral health conditions and prescribe medications
- Recreational therapist – Director of leisure and recreational activities that promote healthy behaviors and stress management
- Registered nurses – Certified nurses who help you with immediate interventions and work alongside your doctor to develop a care plan for you
- Unit secretary – Teammates who assist with setting up after care appointments
Long-Term Psychiatric Care
Find balanced psychiatric care and psychotherapy for your unique needs from Wayne UNC psychiatrists in Goldsboro.
Community Mental Health Resources
For additional help managing mental health conditions, reach out to community resources such as: