Mission, Vision and Values
Our teammates and providers are a critical part of the healing environment we create at Wayne UNC Health Care. Our Mission, Vision and Values reflect our compassion and drive to bring the very best care to patients in Wayne County and beyond.
In fulfilling our Mission, we fulfill a promise we made to our community more than 100 years ago – to provide comprehensive care, a full range of specialties and a consistently high standard of patient-centered care to all our patients.
We’re motivated by our new Mission, Vision and Values, as they embrace and connect our rich past, present and future.
Patients First. Quality Health Care. Close to Home.
To carry out our Mission we must focus on:
- Patients First – As we make decisions in our organization, we must always ensure our patients and their wellbeing are at the forefront.
- Quality Health Care – When we provide quality health care, we ensure we are doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, for the right person – with the best possible results.
- Close to Home – Our patients need not travel far for expert, high-quality, compassionate care. We are committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of our community, offering the best care available right in Wayne County.
To be the preferred choice for compassionate, high-quality, patient-centered health care.
Critical to achieving this vision are the concepts of:
- Compassion recognizes the responsibility we have to treat our patients, families and guests with the kindness and respect they deserve.
- Quality recognizes our clinical commitment to delivering safe, high-quality, evidence-based care to improve patient outcomes and enhance the care our patients receive.
- Patient Centered recognizes the reason we are here – to care for and serve our patients, putting their needs above all else.
Our Values drive our actions and behavior each and every day.
Compassion –– Treat others with kindness, caring and a willingness to help
Respect –– Be considerate of the feelings, needs, thoughts, ideas and preferences of others
Quality –– Be a community of passionate people who use evidence-based best practices to keep patients safe and make health care better
Teamwork –– Trust in each other, anticipate the needs of others and work together toward a common goal
Integrity –– Maintain honesty, strong moral principles and a consistency in character